Subject: Ed: Request for information – CASP 2024 testing campaign on bicycles for children under a European Commission product safety project
From: "Jelena Pipper" <[email-masked]>
To: "Stella Ilves" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2024 12:52:31 +0200

Palun registreeri e- post DHS’s

Suuna täitmiseks I. Honga / I. Epold.

Lugupidamisega

Jelena Pipper

Saatja: CASP2024 <[email-masked]>
Saatmisaeg: kolmapäev, 7. veebruar 2024 12:50
Koopia: Ivan Bosch Chen <[email-masked]>
Teema: RE: Request for information – CASP 2024 testing campaign on
bicycles for children under a European Commission product safety project

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am following up with you to ask whether you have had a chance to
consider our proposal detailed below in our previous email. We would be
keen to receive your feedback on your interest and eligibility to
participate in this year’s CASP activities.

If you have already provided your feedback you may ignore this email.

Kind regards,

EY Project team

From: CASP2024
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2024 7:15 PM
Cc: Ivan Bosch Chen <[email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> >
Subject: Request for information – CASP 2024 testing campaign on bicycles
for children under a European Commission product safety project

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are contacting you from EY Belgium regarding the project initiated and
financed by the European Commission CASP 2024 -
<https://ec.europa.eu/safety-gate/#/screen/pages/casp> Coordinated
Activities on the Safety of Products in the EU/EFTA countries.

EY is currently supporting the European Commission to enable Market
Surveillance Authorities (MSAs) of EU/EFTA countries to test consumer
products in a harmonised manner across the Single Market. For further
information on this, please refer to the accreditation letter attached to
this email.

Under this large-scale project, products will be sampled by MSAs in their
respective markets and tested against safety requirements in a single
accredited testing laboratory located within the EU/EFTA for the purpose
of market surveillance.

Your laboratory has been identified using the National Accreditation Body
website of your country as being accredited to test bicycles for children
products. According to our research, your laboratory is accredited to
ISO/IEC 17025 and to at least to one of the standards, directives or
Regulations below.

*	European Directive 2009/48/EC on the safety of toys
*	EN 71-1: 2014 +A1: 2018 Safety of Toys
*	EN 71-2 Flammability
*	EN 71-3
*	General Product Safety Directive (GPSD) 2001/95/EC
*	REACH Annex XVII restrictions – Entries 50, 51, 52, and 23
*	EN 4210-(1-9): 2023
*	EN ISO 8098:2023 Cycles — Safety requirements for bicycles for
young children

As we are currently collecting information on eligible laboratories that
would be interested and capable of testing bicycles for children products
under the CASP 2024, you are invited to let us know more about your
laboratory using the table below.

Topic

Question

Laboratory answer

1

Interest

Is your laboratory interested in participating in the CASP 2024 testing
campaign?

2

Eligibility

Is your laboratory accredited to ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and to at least one of
the above standards, directives or Regulations?

3

Scope of accreditation

Can you please confirm for which of the standards, directives or
Regulations mentioned above your laboratory is accredited with a valid
accreditation certificate?

4

N° of specimens needed for each sample and test

Could you estimate the number of specimens needed for the same sample to
run the various tests? Please be as specific as possible.

5

Initial price estimation

Can you provide a price estimation to test products (per part of the
standard)?

If you foresee a discount based on volume, please indicate this as well.

6

Capacity to host lab meeting

We plan to hold a 2-day meeting in the selected laboratory in the period
(tentatively)  October 2024-January 2025 with 15-20 project participants.
The aim of the meeting will be to visit the facility and discuss testing
results with laboratory representatives.

Is your laboratory able to host such a meeting?

7

Contact person

Could you provide us the contact details of the person within your
organisation dealing with testing/business development?

8

Additional recommended testing

Is there any additional testing you would recommend to perform for the
respective product group?

Given your experience in testing consumer products, it would be valuable
for us to know more about your laboratory. We would appreciate an answer
from you and your team by Friday 26 January.

Should you need more information, please do not hesitate to reach out to
us.

Kind regards,

EY Project Team

___________________________________
The information contained in this communication is intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others
authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any
action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately by responding to this email and then
delete it from your system. EY is neither liable for the proper and
complete transmission of the information contained in this communication
nor for any delay in its receipt.